Dr. Ehren Jarrett has led dramatic change in the Rockford Public Schools. There's been notable progress in these areas:
- A groundbreaking collaboration with the teachers union, including alternative bargaining, strengthening of the teacher evaluation process and creation of a teaching pathway for students
- Increases in student enrollment, translating to a 3 percent increase in market share (measured against the total number of students in private and public schools)
- Implementation of high school academies, leading to recognition as a Model Community by Ford Next Generation Learning and inclusion in the Great Lakes College and Career Partnership
- A $250 million, 10-year facilities plan that enhances the campus of every school in the district
- Expanded access to early childhood education with a 17 percent increase in seats
- A 51 percent increase in student participation in athletics and a 25 percent increase in students in fine arts
Progress has been guided by the RPS 205 Strategic Plan to drive innovation and improvement. The five-year plan, approved in 2015, was created by a committee of teachers, administrators, community leaders, students and parents. The group was informed by more than 3,500 stakeholders.
Fiscal stewardship has been a top priority for Dr. Jarrett and the School Board. The district has maintained a flat tax levy since 2009 despite declining local property values.
About the Superintendent
Dr. Ehren Jarrett is in his seventh academic year leading the Rockford Public Schools. The Board of Education appointed him superintendent in July 2013. Jarrett joined the district's leadership team in June 2011 as an assistant superintendent. He earned a doctorate in Educational Leadership from Northern Illinois University, and the school's College of Education has honored him as Alumni of the Year. Dr. Jarrett also serves on the NIU Alumni Board. He is a member of the Alignment Rockford Governing Board, the Discovery Center Board of Directors and the Board of Directors for the Rockford Area Economic Development Council. He is a member of the Ford NGL Leadership Council and its Superintendent's Council. In addition, Dr. Jarrett is president of the Large Unit District Association, which represents school districts in Illinois that serve at least 3,500 students.
He lives in Rockford with his wife, Christie, and their two children. Contact the Superintendent
Dr. Ehren Jarrett
RPS 205 Administration Building
501 7th St.
Rockford, Ill. 61104
Super's Update on the 205 VIBE™ Blog