We in the Rockford Public Schools are privileged to provide a sound system of education so each student can reach his/her fullest potential. We offer a rich and varied curriculum that provides a foundation for effective, targeted instruction. That instruction has essential learning outcomes and student performance measures defined at each grade level. Our focus is the district's new strategic plan, which is aimed at improving student achievement, making best use of resources and making RPS 205 a desirable and successful school district.
Components of the Rockford Public Schools' effective system of education include the following:
- A positive school climate conducive to learning (Goal 3).
- High expectations for student learning and achievement consistent with the new Illinois State Common Core Standards and Next Generation Science Standards (Goal 1).
- A PreK-12 emphasis on teaching key skills in literacy, mathematics, science, social studies and social/emotional health (Goals 1 & 3).
- A clearly defined set of essential learning outcomes aligned with targeted achievement standards, skills and strategies including differentiated instruction. (Goal 1 & 2).
- Instructional programs based on research, best practice and other pertinent data (Goal 1).
- A responsible financial plan that focuses resources on students and effective classroom environments (Goal 5).
- An evaluation and monitoring system for both students and district programs in order to improve efficiencies (Goal 4).