Student records may be obtained at the Welcome Center for any individual who no longer attends Rockford Public Schools. If your child is still enrolled in RPS 205, you must contact your child's assigned school directly for records/information.
Please Note: Parents cannot access records if their child is 18 years or older without their written consent. The person needing the records should contact the records office to find out what will be accepted as written consent before asking parents to pick up records. No exceptions will be made. Student Records Request Form
Please print, fill out and mail the student records request form
to the student records office:
Rockford Public Schools
Welcome Center - Attn: Student Records
501 7th Street - 2nd floorEmail Us
Rockford, IL 61104
Fax Number- 815-489-2633
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday 9:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Cash, check or money order made out to RPS 205:
- Official High School Transcript - $2.00
- Official LPN Transcript - $2.00
- Copies of Transcripts - Free
- Immunization Records - Free
- Drop Letter - Free
- If you are homeless or are helping someone who is homeless, no fees will be charged for student records. Correspondence requires a signature from a qualifying official and phone number where they can be reached. If you have a special circumstance which warrants a fee waiver, please ask to speak with the Student Records Clerk.
Non-Rockford Public Schools Student Records
To obtain student record information for schools outside of RPS 205, click on Records.
How to Order Official Transcripts
Individuals can also request official transcripts on Parchment.com. As you enter the site, please sign in as a Rockford Public Schools student. The website is self-explanatory and user friendly. If you have to pay, it would be through debit or credit. If you need your transcript sent to a college, for many higher education facilities in the Midwest, there is no charge as it is paid for by ISBE funding. Official transcripts can be sent to any location, including your home address.
Please note: Any students who graduated from West High School cannot order transcripts through this site. Please refer to other ways to obtain transcripts on this page or you may call the Student Records office.