Your group will give an oral presentation, which includes a visual aid. You and your group and will dress up as a historical figure from your event.
Follow the outline below to complete your assignment.
I. Chose and prepare an exploration
Make a list of questions you need to answer about your topic.Deadline Passed
- Choose an explorer that interests your group.
- Choose what role each group member will play.
- What do you already know about this explorer?
- What is it you need to find out (expedition information / maps, people involved, ship and supplies, material costs, opportunity costs, hardships, discoveries, fate of the journey, etc.)
II. Research your topic.
Prepare bibliography cards.Deadline Passed
- Check your home. Do you have any books or magazines about this subject?
- Check the public library. Look for books and magazines.
- Look for the topic on the Internet.
- Talk to people who can help.
III. Take notes.
prepare an outline of presentation using this information.Deadline Passed
- Take notes on the bibliography cards. Paraphrase and use your own words. Number your cards.
- Sort your note cards into groups, with each group representing a main idea.
VII. Oral presentation
- Use your outline and note cards to practice your presentation without reading it.
- Make some kind of visual aid that will help with your presentation: a poster, a large map or a timeline.
- Dress up like figures from your event and deliver the presentation from the characters' point of view.
Oral presentations are due and will begin 26 January 2015