Thank you to everyone in the community for supporting our music and fine arts at Cherry Valley Elementary!
Keep your eyes open in both the "Music Performances and Events" page, as well as the "Quick Notes" page of my website for Newsletters at the end of every trimester which will contain all of the wonderful things we are doing and learning about this year in music!
The time has come to start thinking about all of the wonderful performing opportunities which are approaching!
Please note that any performances and events below which would take place within one month before the event will be highlighted in blue:
- Cherry Vale Mall Winter Performance: Wednesday, December 5, 2018--3:30pm ***Permission form required.
- Winter Music Performance (Kindergarten/1st Grade): Thursday, December 6, 2018—6:30pm (Cherry Valley Elementary Gym/Multi-Purpose Room)
- Instrument Petting Zoo: Tuesday, January 15, 2019--8am to 10:30am (Daytime field trip provided through district for 5th Grade)
- Rockford IceHogs National Anthem Event: Sunday, April 14, 2019--6pm (Participants and parents/guardians need to arrive between 5:15pm and no later than 5:30pm) ***Ticket purchase/permission form required.
- Spring Music Performance (4th Grade/5th Grade): Wednesday, April 10 2019--6:30pm (Cherry Valley Elementary Gym/Multi-Purpose Room)
- Fairhaven Retirement Center: Thursday, May 2, 2019--3:30pm (participants and parents/guardians need to arrive between 3pm and no later than 3:15pm) ***Permission form required
- Spring Music Performance (2nd/3rd Grade): Wednesday, May 8, 2019--6:30pm (Cherry Valley Elementary Gym/Multi-Purpose Room)
Guess what?! There are audio files for all students who are singing at Cherry Vale Mall, or all K/1st grade students for their upcoming concert in order to practice.
Please keep in mind the following:
1. All songs are for educational purposes, and they are just plain fun!
2. Due to audio file setup and protection, a PC or laptop will only be able to access the audio files. Thank you for your understanding.
3. All songs are for rehearsal/practice/performance use, and are to remain on this website unless used for a performance/special event by the music instructor. All songs will be removed after their purposed events.
4. To honor and respect cultures, beliefs, etc., your child/children may be allowed to sing, quietly stand or sit and/or use instrumentation (discretion based upon limitation/prior notice by instructor with instrumentation for concert) on certain songs. Remember, while being respectful, it's about a wonderful experience for our kids and community together!
5. Practice, practice, practice outside of school and have fun!
Jingle Bells Audio.m4a
Again, we thank you for supporting The Arts at
Cherry Valley Elementary!