Email: Since most communication is completed through email, please be sure your correct email address is in the system.
Home Access Center: The Home Access Center is an excellent tool that affords parents and students the opportunity to stay up to date on the student's progress as it is posted. For good communication, it is anticipated that parents and students will stay current on the student's progress by accessing the Home Access Center a minimum of once a week. We encourage you to check it together and email teachers if you have any questions. If you have any difficulty accessing it, please contact the office right away for assistance.
HOMEWORK IS ESSENTIAL TO LEARNING
- Homework is... PREVIEW! PRACTICE! PREPARATION!
- It reinforces what is taught in class, it provides verification of understanding to both the student and the teacher, and it prepares students for lessons and assessments.
- The next day's work is often predicated on the understanding of the prior day's assignment. Homework helps students develop self-discipline, responsibility, and the organizational skills necessary for success.
- Twenty percent of the final grade is an average of all homework grades for the quarter, while eighty percent of the final grade is an average of all of the different types of learning assessments (evidence) given in a quarter.
Mrs. Campbell Mrs. Johns Mrs. Rollins Ms. Goings Mr. Aures (go to school website)
Math Mr. Aures' site for links Math Counts website
Week of: Nov. 18-22.
PRE-ALGEBRA: Khan Academy All homework is due the next day!
Weekend: Percent proportion and finding any of 3 missing pieces; percent wkst; Khan Academy due by Monday (Pre-Algebra: ratios, rates, proportions - quiz 1, quiz 2, quiz 6; and Expressions, equations, inequalities Unit test)
Mon: HW Check; return and discuss proportion quiz; corrections due Tuesday!; percentages and circle graphs PG. EP 17 section 7-8 and Pg. EP44 (don't make circle graphs just find information (%, angle measure)
Tues: Quiz corrections due; Computing percentages mentally (no calculator) Pg. EP 16 (sections 7-4 and 7-6)
Wed: HW Check % wkst, EP17, EP44; Probability and percentages wkst
Thurs: simple and compound interest with %'s via logic and formula; EP 17 section 7-7
Fri: Computer lab and percentages assignment - due next Tuesday before Thanksgiving break- % test next Tuesday!
ALGEBRA: Math Counts Khan Academy All homework is due the next day!
Week of: Nov. 18-22
Weekend: linear regression lines (TI84+ in class) wkst; Khan assignments due Monday: Algebra 1: Forms of linear equations: quiz 1, quiz 2, quiz 3 and Unit test
Monday: return and discuss Linear Equations test: corrections due Tuesday!; Begin Inequalities Ch 5 - symbols and one-step inequalities graphing wkst and Pg. 288 (30 - 40 x 2, Pg. 295 (30-40 x 2)
Tues: HW Check: scatterplots; multi-step inequalities Pg. 301 (12-46 x 2, 56-58, 60-63)
Wed: Compound Inequalities: AND or OR; Pg. 309 (16 - 23, 24-36 x 2, 44-47)
Thurs: day 2 compound inequalities wkst
Fri: Computer Lab Khan inequalities assigned - due Tuesday before Thanksgiving break;
Week of Sept 3, 2019All assignments and documents will be available in Google ClassroomPlease join remind- @cgoings1, 2, 4, 6, or 7 based on student class hour or email cgoings(1, 2, 4, 6, 7)@mail.remind.com
Monday 9/2: Labor Day
Wednesday 9/4: Create a simple lab poster in your science notebook. Represent 1 or 2 of the lab safety rules listed on the back of the syllabus. Color is great, but not required.
History Mrs. Johns' Site for Links
Reading Response grades are homework grades which measure students ability to read content, using study guides and questions to guide their reading , and answer questions about their assigned reading. Scores should continually be improving if students build this very important learning skill this semester.'
Study Plan for the week of November 11-15
Monday - no work due - Veteran's Day
Tuesday - Reading Guide - Creating the Constitution - brough into class for discussion and revieww
Wednesday - Study 4.2 - Reading Response 4.2A
Thursday Study 4.2 - Reading Response 4.2B - IN class review
Friday- Evidence 4.2
Please see my Google site for the most current writing/homework assignments and resources:
Week of October 9, 2019:
- Review for memorization assessment
- Parts of the Sentence pretest
- Begin notes on parts of the sentence
- Return poems and then file in portfolios
- Study for memorization pretest
- Get grade sheet signed and return
- Extra credit: bring in copy of your poem that I can display in bulletin board hallway
- Memorization assessment--subject/object pronouns, auxiliary verbs, prepositions
- Notes on predicates
- Notes on direct objects, indirect objects
- Begin SpringBoard--review academic vocabulary and literary terms
|Thursday||Unpack Embedded Assessment 2|
Begin reading "Phaethon"
|Friday ||Finish reading "Phaethon" and answer questions ||No homework--enjoy the 3 day weekend! |
Literature Studies Mrs. Campbell **Rdg tracker due every Thurs. worth 20 pts
Week of October 7, 2019
|Day||Done in class||Homework|
|Monday ||-IR, reflection paragraph, Words of Wiser intro., Setting lesson||-IR (independent reading), Bookclub wk 1 reading & notes|
|Tuesday||-IR, setting quiz, meet w/ bookclub, Seedfolks by Fleischman chaps. 1-2 w/ character chart||-IR|
|Wednesday||-IR, Seedfolks by Fleischman chaps. 3-4 w/ character chart||-IR tracker due tomorrow|
|Thursday||-IR, update folder, set rdg. goals, ||-IR|
|Friday||-IR, Seedfolks by Fleischman chaps. 5-6 w/ character chart||-IR|