Flu season is here! Here are some useful tips and tricks to help prevent getting sick this season.
Information taken from: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/keyfacts.htm
What is the flu?
The flu is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses that infect the nose, throat, and lungs.
Signs and Symptoms:
* Fever or feeling feverish/chills
* Sore throat
* Runny or stuffy nose
* Muscle or body aches
* Fatigue (very tired)
How to Prevent the Flu:
* Wash your hands often, especially before and after eating, after using the bathroom, after interacting with others, and if your hands become dirty.
* Cough and sneeze into your arm/elbow, never into your hands.
* Make sure you drink plenty of water and get plenty of rest!
* Dress for the weather. If it is cold, wear a coat, hat, scarf, and gloves.
* If you choose to get a flu vaccine, this will also help lower your chances of getting the flu.