Summer programs this year are free and open to all RPS 205 students. Programs will be delivered remotely and run June 22 through Aug. 21. Families should receive catalogs for summer school in the coming weeks.
Grades K-8: Programs are available in a five-day retreat format OR a four-week camp experience. During the four-week camp experience, students will have daily sessions online with RPS 205 teachers and staff from the Rockford Park District and Discovery Center.
High school: Students can choose from two sessions; each session lasts two weeks. Offerings include SAT prep, studio art design, drawing and painting, engineering, and introduction to Capstone projects.
These summer school offerings are different from credit recovery or any other program through the Student Services and Alternative Learning Department.
View the Summer Programs brochure.
Summer Learning Contact Information
- Bilingual Newcomer Program: 815-966-3195
- Camps and Retreats: 815-489-7289
- Credit Recovery program: 815-967-8401
- Driver Education contacts
- Early Childhood department: 815-229-2103
- Special Education department: 815-966-3366