RPS 205 parents/guardians and staff,
Our Information Technology team has worked around the clock the past few weeks to restore access to devices and systems and ensure we’re coming back into a clean, secure environment.
Here is the latest update:
- The IT team is prioritizing laptop computers and surfaces for teachers and assistant principals this week. All classrooms should have a teacher desktop computer with Internet, email and network access.
- Our IT team is still working on our filter settings. Many websites are still restricted until they can each be evaluated. We’ll share more information when we have it.
- Some clocks and speaker systems are working intermittently today; we’re working to fix those as soon as possible.
- We anticipate staff will have full access to eSchool by the end of this week and full access to BusinessPLUS by the beginning of next week.
- Fall MAP testing will resume this week.
Reminder: At this point, nothing indicates that sensitive information from staff or students was taken. We are still investigating, and this information could take several weeks to confirm. We do not believe the intent of the ransomware attack was to take personal information. As a reminder and a precaution: please change any personal passwords that you have used on a district-issued device.
We will continue to share updates as we have them. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding through this outage.