Rockford Public Schools will host an all-day enrollment event for families who are new to RPS 205 and need to enroll for the 2018-19 school year. Families can enroll in pre-kindergarten, kindergarten, special programs, or elementary and secondary schools at the Enrollment Extravaganza from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Welcome Center in the second floor of the Administration Building, 501 7th St.
What to bring to enroll in RPS 205:
- Child's original birth certificate (no photocopies)
- Parent/guardian photo ID
- Two acceptable proofs of residency
- Current IEP for students receiving special education services, if applicable.
- Children who regularly hear or speak a language other than English must complete a language assessment at the Welcome Center. Please bring your child/children for the assessment on Saturday.
Once enrolled, families will register students in August and receive a classroom assignment, school supply list and pay fees for the upcoming school year.
More about RPS 205 Early Childhood: Children ages 3-5 are eligible for RPS 205 Early Childhood programming at several locations throughout Rockford. RPS 205 offers full-day and half-day options. Classes run Monday through Friday. All students are provided with a developmental screening prior to placement.
More about RPS 205 kindergarten: Students attend kindergarten based on geographic zones that align with their parents/guardians' physical address. Follow this link to search an address and find the assigned zone school.
- Incoming kindergarten students must turn 5 on or before Sept. 1, 2018.
- All RPS 205 kindergarten classes are full day.
Last chance to sign up for kindergarten lottery at Two-Way Language Immersion and STEAM Academy; pre-kindergarten lottery for Maria Montessori: This event is held on the last Saturday before the March 2 deadline to apply for the lottery for special programs, which includes the Two-Way Language Immersion at Barbour, the STEAM Academy at Haskell, and Maria Montessori at Marsh. Because of the high demand, a lottery is held in March for official entry. Interested families must:
- Sign up for the lottery in the RPS 205 Welcome Center by March 2; and attend a mandatory open house to decide if the program is the best educational fit for their child. (Families must attend an open house session to be included in the lottery.)
Families can learn more Saturday about other RPS 205 special programs: Upcoming testing for the Gifted Academy and auditions for limited open seats in the Creative and Performing Arts (CAPA) program. These programs do not have a lottery but do require an audition/eligibility testing.
In addition to Saturday's event, the Welcome Center is open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday.