You can start scheduling immunizations and health screenings for your child for the 2015-16 school year. Students must have the following exams/immunizations before August 24, 2015, the first day of school. Students will not be allowed to attend school until these screenings are complete. Appointment cards will not be accepted as a pass into school.
Physical exams: A student must have a physical examination within one year before entering a preschool program, kindergarten, sixth or ninth grades.
Immunizations: Students are required to show proof of basic immunizations and required boosters for Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Polio, MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), and the following:
- Pre-K: Haemophilus Influenzae Type B
- Pre-K and 6th through 12th grades: Hepatitis B
- Children 2 years up to 5th birthday (24-59 months): Pneumococcal Vaccine
- Pre-K and Kindergarten: must show proof of lead screening
- Kindergarten, 1st, 6th, 7th, 9th, 10th grades: must show proof of two vaccinations for Varicella (chickenpox)
- 6th and 12th grades: must show proof of meningococcal vaccination
- Kindergarten, 2nd, 6th grades: Oral health exam is required before May 15, 2016.
- Kindergarten: Students entering kindergarten must have an eye exam before August 24, 2015.
Objections: A child’s parent or legal guardian who objects to health or dental examinations or immunizations must submit a letter to the school’s nurse to request an exemption to the law. If you have any questions, please call the Rockford Public Schools Health Services Office at 815-966-5254.
Make an appointment:
These required health examinations, immunizations and lead screening may be obtained at the doctor’s office or clinic of your choice, including:
- your child’s primary care physician
- The Winnebago County Health Department: 815-720-4000
- Ronald McDonald Care Mobile: 815-971-5800, ext. 5
- Crusader Community Health Auburn Campus, the school-based health center at Auburn High School: 815-490-1600