RPS 205 parents/guardians,
Registration for the 2020-21 school year will be different because of the Governor's extended stay-at-home order and extended school shutdown. We don't know if we'll host an in-person registration this summer. Here's what you should expect:
- The district will mail registration packets to all K-12 Spanish-speaking families in mid-June.
- The district will mail registration packets to all other elementary families in mid-June. Packets for middle and high school registration will be sent in a second wave of mailers.
- Registration packets for Early Childhood students and students entering kindergarten will be mailed later this summer.
- Registration packets will include a postage-paid envelope to return completed packets. Do not return packets to your child's school.
- The deadline to return packets is Monday, July 6.
If you have questions, please email [email protected].
Student fees reminder: The School Board has approved plans to eliminate most student fees for the 2020-21 school year. Students and their parent/guardian will not be required to pay fees next school year for arts/music, athletics, lab fees or Advanced Placement exams. High school students will still be required to pay fees for some optional items: on-campus parking permits, driver education (behind-the-wheel training), athletic gate admission pass, credit recovery and summer school.
Address changes: The Welcome Center is closed, but families who have moved can update addresses via email. Visit www.rps205.com/WelcomeCenter or call Welcome Center staff at 815-967-8070.
Families in Transition: Families who are still in a transitional living situation can re-enroll in FIT services once the FIT Department has re-opened. Students in the FIT program will not receive a registration packet this summer until they re-enroll in the FIT Program. If you secure your own housing, a registration packet will be made available at your home school. Call the FIT Department at 815-966-3163.
Schools will share more specific details about classroom assignments, any fines that need to be paid from the current school year, and help students with medication connect with the school nurse. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Chief Human Resources Officer
Rockford Public Schools