My wife and I have five
children, and three have us caught up in the back-to-school craziness. We are
squeezing in every last bit of summer fun while school supply shopping and
trying to get back in a routine. Here are a few tips we learned to help transition
into school mode:
1. Start the school bedtime routine at least a week or two before school
starts. Each night, move bedtime up a little bit from the night before until
you reach the desired time. Make what you do at bedtime a routine. It helps prepare
your child’s mind for sleep. Example: take a bath, read a book, go to bed.
2. Attend Back-to-School Nights! This night creates excitement and helps
students work through anxiety about the new school year.
3. Don't wait until the last minute to label all of the school supplies as
requested by the teacher. This will allow you to relax and enjoy the days
before school starts.
4. Read together! I encourage all families to have your child read to you everyday
or read to them if they are younger.
5. Take time to slow down from all the craziness and plan a special day
together. For example, go to a park, on a walk, on a bike ride, or another
enjoyable activity! Kids are only little once, and you can never get that time
6. Talk to your child! Put your phone away and listen. Ask them how they feel
about the new school year.
I hope everyone has a wonderful last few days of summer and an awesome school
I want to extend a sincere thank you to our families for making a timely decision to help us plan.
Schools are still missing some registration packets for the 2020-21 school year, so each school will host a limited in-person registration event.
Registration packets for the 2020-21 school year were mailed to all RPS 205 families earlier this summer.
If a family does not submit the survey, students will – by default – be enrolled in in-person instruction, and transportation will not be provided.
You will be asked to complete an electronic survey to make your choice for either full-time remote instruction or in-person instruction for the upcoming school year.
501 7th St., Rockford, IL 61104
M-F 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Rockford Public Schools ©Copyright 2020. All Rights Reserved.