Staff Development will assist certified and non-certified staff in the Rockford Public Schools to develop skills and knowledge for the purpose of increasing achievement for all students.
Talent Development will:
- focus on what all students are to learn and how they best learn it
- be driven by data analysis of differences between what all students should know and do and student performance
- demonstrated by multiple sources of outcomes
- be based on Illinois Learning Standards
- develop understanding of educational equity
- involve staff in identification of what they need to learn to improve teacher effectiveness
- develop a District culture that supports continuous learning
- be primarily school-based with additional District-wide support
- utilize collaborative problem-solving research and action groups
Customer Service StandardsRPS 205 seeks future teachers
Gracious communication, timely responses, and meaningful assistance are trademarks of good customer service. Rockford Public Schools is dedicated to its core mission of educating students and operating in an environment of excellent customer service for all stakeholders – students, parents, community members, and employees. We believe all of our stakeholders, our customers; have the right to respect, safety, appropriate assistance, honesty, and competency regardless of age, race, color, creed, disability, marital status, military status, religious affiliation, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.
A new partnership between RPS 205 and Rockford University creates a unique pathway for our students into the teaching profession. Visit the Education Pathway page to learn more.Student Teaching and Observations
In-Service Travel Credit
Teachers may seek salary credit for educational tours that enhance the teacher's knowledge and skills in the teacher's area of certification, endorsement, or teaching assignment. Click here for details.