Rockford Public Schools offers a variety of sporting opportunities to students at all levels. Auburn, East, Guilford and Jefferson high schools are all members of the Illinois High School Association and the Northern Illinois High School Conference (NIC-10).
The RPS Middle Schools are members of the Illinois Elementary School Association for seventh and eighth grade boys and girls cross country, golf, track and field, chess and boys basketball.
July 24 - Golf Scramble For Sports and PE
GOLF SCRAMBLE BROCHURE.pdf
September 19 - Basketball Coaches Clinic, featuring Wichita State University Head Coach Gregg Marshall
September 28 - Wellness Symposium at Auburn High School
November 23, 24, 25, 27, 28 - Tip-Off Classic
January 16 and 18, 2016 - J-Hawks MLK Showcase
Tip-Off and MLK Showcase Sponsorship Information.pdf
January 30, 2016 - 3rd Annual Rumble In The Rock at RVC
February 27, 2016 - 4th Annual Champions Ball and Hall of Fame Inductions
Congratulations to the 2014-2015 Male and Female Athletes of the Year: Guilford's Lilly Endsley and Auburn's Colin Osborne
Male Athlete of the Year Nominees
Female Athlete of the Year Nominees
Useful Links and Information
Renting RPS Athletic Facilities
Summer Strength & Conditioning, Leagues and Camps
Student athletes interested in the Rockford Wrestling Club can contact Gene Lee at 815-654-4870 ext 13010 or email@example.com.
Student athletes interested in RWPA Camp should contact their coach or school athletic director.
Rockford Public Schools Hall of Fame
Follow RPS Athletics
2015 REBA Championships
Congratulations to our 2015 Rockford Elementary Basketball Association (REBA) champions! Washington won the REBA boys championship, while Haskell finished second, and Lewis Lemon won the REBA girls title, with Cherry Valley taking second.
We had 61 teams compete this year. Thank you to all our host schools, administrators, coaches and parents who volunteered their time to make it another very successful season.
Champions Ball - Feb. 21, 2015
(scroll down to see photos)
Approximately 360 people attended the third annual Champions Ball and Hall of Fame ceremonies at Radisson on Feb. 21. The event is a fundraiser for the Rockford Sports Coalition, which in turn, gives back to the four high school district athletic departments each year.
Four individuals and two teams were inducted into the third Rockford Public Schools Hall of Fame Class. Carlos Polk (Athlete: Guilford football), Albert Nicholas (Athlete: West basketball), Don May (Coach: Guilford swimming), Gene Cassioppi (Coach: Guilford swimming and diving), the 1975 West field hockey team and the 1985 East football team. Recipients came from all over the nation to be part of the ceremony, including New Mexico, Florida, California, and Arizona. Polk, who is now an assistant coach for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, took time away from the NFL Combine in Indianapolis to be present.
Rumble In The Rock at RVC - Jan. 10, 2015
- 10:15 a.m.: Guilford 60, Jefferson 32 (Girls)
- 12 p.m.: Auburn 61, East 44 (Girls)
- 2 p.m.: Jefferson 66, Guilford 53 (Boys)
- 4 p.m.: RVC 91, Milwaukee Area Tech 90 (Women)
- 6 p.m.: Auburn 98, East 72 (Boys)
- 8 p.m.: RVC 100, Milwaukee Area Tech 74 (Men)
205 Tip-Off Classic
Congratulations, Auburn Knights, on winning the first 205 Tip-Off Classic championship!
Eight boys varsity basketball teams from three different states started their their seasons at the inaugural 205 Tip-Off Classic held at Auburn and East High Schools, Nov. 24, 25, 26, 28 and 29. Auburn finished 4-0 with wins over Indianapolis Pike and Elgin Larkin on the final day. Thank you to all our sponsors who made the event happen, including prime sponsors RACVB, Hagney Architects, KSA Lighting, and members of the 1955-1956 West state championship boys basketball team.
- Monday Nov. 24th @ East H.S. 7:30 p.m. Elgin Larkin 79, Rockford East 67
- Tuesday Nov. 25th @ Auburn H.S. 6:30 p.m. Belvidere 62, Milwaukee Vincent 49
- Tuesday Nov. 25th @ Auburn H.S. 8:00 p.m. Rockford Auburn 96, Proviso West 60
- Wednesday Nov. 26th @ East H.S. 7:30 p.m. Rockford East 55, Proviso West 50
- Friday Nov. 28th @ East H.S. 1:00 p.m. Rockford East 68, Chicago Julian 60
- Friday Nov. 28th @ East H.S. 2:30 p.m. Elgin Larkin 54, Belvidere 36
- Friday Nov. 28th @ East H.S. 4:00 p.m. Proviso West 68, Milwaukee Vincent 57
- Friday Nov. 28th @ East H.S. 5:45 p.m. Indianapolis Pike 98, Rockford East 51
- Friday Nov. 28th @ Auburn H.S. 7:30 p.m. Rockford Auburn 87, Chicago Julian 38
- Saturday Nov. 29th @ Auburn H.S. 11:00 a.m. Proviso West 48, Belvidere 42
- Saturday Nov. 29th @ Auburn H.S. 12:30 p.m. Elgin Larkin 63, Chicago Julian 55
- Saturday Nov. 29th @ Auburn H.S. 2:00 p.m. Rockford Auburn 72, Indianapolis Pike 69
- Saturday Nov. 29th @ Auburn H.S. 5:30 p.m. Belvidere 54, Chicago Julian 37
- Saturday Nov. 29th @ Auburn H.S. 7:00 p.m. Rockford Auburn 82, Elgin Larkin 54
First Team-Antoine Pittman (Auburn), Laytwan Porter (Auburn), Daniel McFadden (Larkin), Deandre Woods (Julian), Justin Thomas (Pike)
Second Team-Daevion Dixon (East), Colton Bahling (Belvidere), Christian Negron (Larkin), Tahjai Teague (Pike), Kiwanis Bowers (Proviso West)