Students must have the following exams/immunizations before the first day of school: August 21, 2017
. Students will not be allowed to attend school until these screenings are complete. Appointment cards will not be accepted as a pass into school.
(Es preciso que los estudiantes realicen los siguientes exámenes y vacunas antes del primer día de clases: 21 de agosto de 2017.
: A student must have a physical examination within one year before entering a preschool program, kindergarten, sixth and ninth grades
: proof of screening to enter Pre-K and KindergartenImmunizations
: Students are required to show proof of basic immunizations and required boosters for Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Polio, MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), and the following:
- Pre-K: Haemophilus Influenzae Type B
- Pre-K and 6th through 12th grade: Hepatitis B
- 6th, 7th, 8th (one dose) and 12th grade (2 doses if first dose was received prior to 16th birthday): Meningococcal Vaccination
- 2 years up to 5th birthday (24-59 months): Pneumococcal Vaccine
- Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 6th through 12th grade: Varicella (chickenpox) – two vaccinations
: Kindergarten, 2nd, 6th grades: Oral health exam is required before May 15, 2018.Vision:Kindergarten, and any student enrolling in school for the first time:
must have an eye exam before the first day of school: Aug. 21, 2017.Objections
: A child’s parent or legal guardian who objects to health or dental examinations, or immunizations must submit an Illinois Certificate of Religious Exemption form obtained from your doctor’s office.
If you have any questions, please call the Rockford Public Schools Health Services Office at 815-966-5254.
Make an appointment:
These required health examinations, immunizations and lead screening may be obtained at the doctor’s office or clinic of your choice, including:
- your child’s primary care physician
- The Winnebago County Health Department: 815-720-4000 (Immunizations only)
- Ronald McDonald Care Mobile: 815-971-5800, ext. 5
- Crusader Community Health Auburn Campus, the school-based health center at Auburn High School: 815-490-1600