Students must have the following exams/immunizations before August 17, 2016, the first day of school. Students will not be allowed to attend school until these screenings are complete. Appointment cards will not be accepted as a pass into school. This physical exam is also sufficient to participate in athletics for the 2016-17 school year.
Physical exams: A student must have a physical examination within one year before entering a preschool program, kindergarten, sixth or ninth grades.
Immunizations: Students are required to show proof of basic immunizations and required boosters for Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Polio, MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella), and the following:
- Pre-K: Haemophilus Influenzae Type B
- Pre-K and 6th through 12th grades: Hepatitis B
- Children 2 years up to 5th birthday (24-59 months): Pneumococcal Vaccine
- Pre-K and Kindergarten: must show proof of lead screening
- Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th grades: must show proof of two vaccinations for Varicella (chickenpox)
- 6th, 7th, 12th grades: must show proof of meningococcal vaccination.
- Kindergarten: Students entering kindergarten must have an eye exam before August 17, 2016.
- Kindergarten, 2nd, 6th grades: Oral health exam is required before May 15, 2017.
Objections: A child’s parent or legal guardian who objects to health or dental examinations or immunizations must submit an Illinois Certificate of Religious Exemptions form. For the correct form required by the state, please contact your health care provider.
Make an appointment:
These required health examinations, immunizations and lead screening may be obtained at the doctor’s office or clinic of your choice, including:
- your child’s primary care physician
- The Winnebago County Health Department (immunizations only): 815-720-4000
- Ronald McDonald Care Mobile: 815-971-5800 ext. 5
- Crusader Community Health – Auburn Campus, the school-based health center at Auburn High School: 815-490-1600.
If you have any questions, please call the Rockford Public Schools Health Services Office at 815-966-5254.